background

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Lamp Makeover

This little gem is in serious need of some make-up.



She's been around since I had my first apartment. My parents bought me the set when they came to visit and saw I had cardboard boxes for furniture and used the light of my 13 inch TV to read by. She has moved cross-country several times with me, and has lived in a couple of different states. Her big brother floor lamp is also in need of help, but let's start small. Once upon a time, they both had some ivory colored shades, but like socks in the dryer, they were lost in a move at some point.

I like the antique look (I might actually be a little old lady), and even the little jewels, but as you can see, several are missing.  The red shade matches my couches, but I don't want it to be too matchy-matchy, and the overall look is just too dark. So makeover it is! Reveal coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment