background

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Next up!

Okay, on to my next project. Try to contain your excitement.

Clearance and as-is sections of stores can be kind of like flea markets or garage sales. 99% of the time you find complete and total crap. But then there's that 1% when you stumble upon something pretty cool.

A couple of years ago we were digging through the clearance/as-is section of Ikea and found this little guy:


A locking, wooden, and glass door medicine cabinet. I had to confirm with my hubby what we paid for it, and we are both thinking between $10 and $15, even though the original price was around $100. It may have been a little less, but who can really put a price on something from IKEA that's already assembled? Of course, that means it was "as-is"; i.e. missing shelves inside, and it did have a big sticker and goo on the outside, but I got that off easily with Goof-Off. Of course if it's in the as-is department, it's going to take some work. After the internal battle over how much work and money it would take to get it operable and/or enjoyable, I took it to the cash register. It was a great find.

Into the garage it went, and there it's been since. Adding to my list of things I could do and should do but never do. Finishing this off as our new medicine cabinet (we don't have any in our house, just a basket full of stuff in our half-bath linen closet) and first aid kit is my next plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment