background

Sunday, March 4, 2012

New Hair

I love a change in hair as much as the next girl. So Friday, I went to the hair school armed with two pictures. One for color and one for cut.

Here was my cut inspiration:

abeautyloft.com
The cut Cameron Diaz rocked at this year's Oscars was stunning. Plus, I was ready for some short hair again. I don't know why I think I should grow my hair out, because it never works. It does this weird thing where it's straight and smooth on top, and then curly, kinky, and frizzy in the underneath layers. So back to short is. I think I lost about 3 inches overall length (more in the layered areas). I feel so free and cool, and ready for summer - which isn't too far off in this neck of the woods.

For major color moves (like brown to blond) I like to use my Hair Extraordinaire, Kristal, which worked out really well when we lived in the same state, but since I moved, I have had to make sacrifices. Either I save up to fly out for a vacation and get my hair done in the process (which I did for a few years), or I go to the local hair school where the students are closely supervised, and it doesn't cost much - in case they mess up.

I've been Cameron D. blond before, but since it's just a hair school, I don't totally trust them to bleach my hair all the way (I actually don't fully trust anyone other than Kristal), so I went with a color closer to my natural shade. For my color inspiration I went totally royal.

celebritiesindisgrace.wordpress.com
Kate Middleton's hair color is just so rich and beautiful, and let's be honest, who doesn't love her hair?

I can't quite take my own "after" pictures yet, because as I mentioned, I was at a hair school, and they accidentally got dye on the skin of my hair line. After it fades in a day or so, I can style and take pictures.

Anyone else rocking new hair for spring or summer this year?

4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to see your new hair! Btw, I'm your new follower on Linky. I'd love if you can follow me too :D

    Thanks
    Witha @ http://withapinkie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite guy that I've gone to for a couple years now had some kind of family emergency back in December. Hasn't been taking appointments since then. I tried a couple other ladies and wasn't happy. Trying one recommended by someone with great hair on Friday. I want to go blonde again, but I'm nervous about not having John here to do it. Gotta try this girl out. She plays with color a lot in her own hair, so I'm hopeful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck, Charla! Hope it turns out good!

      Delete
  3. Nature is high lighting my hair quite nicely!

    ReplyDelete