background

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Painting the Deck

Hey everyone! Sorry I've been MIA for a while. I've been really busy doing not fun projects. And by not fun, I mean repainting our deck in 85 degree weather. It really wasn't fun, and it's probably not that interesting, but just to prove to you that I have, in fact, been busy and not neglecting you, here's some pictures as evidence.

Before: the deck was white. Which sounded like a great idea until you factor in our four dogs and their footprints. Not cool.


Two of my pooches. On the left, Lola the Pomeranian, on the right, Bridgette the lab mix/pound puppy. Lola tries to copy everything Bridgette does.


Midway through painting.


Finished product. I might go back through and paint the cross rails red, too, and touch up the pickets. We'll see how hot it is next week. 


Also, for some reason, the red is scraping off in a few places. Not sure what's up with that. The hubs thinks it may sink in better if we use an oil based paint. I used an acrylic solid stain specifically designed for outside surfaces. I should figure it out and fix it, but it's really hot, I'm a little sunburned and covered in mosquito bites. I would have so been the first one to die in The Hunger Games.

Speaking of T.H.G., who went to see it this weekend? We went to a 3 a.m. showing on Friday morning because all the midnight screenings were sold out. It was totally worth it. I'm a HUGE fan of the books, and enjoyed the movie. Probably would have preferred a few things done differently, but that's just because my imagination is better than any movie!

For now the deck works for me! I think I'll figure out a solution later. Unless any of you have suggestions? In the meantime, I'm ready for summer barbecues and pool parties!

4 comments:

  1. How’s the ol’ deck doing? Have you repainted it again since last year, or are you letting it age for a bit and see where it goes from there? Have fun with your other DIY projects! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the deck is a hot mess! The red is chipping off. I don't know what the deal is. We're thinking we'll paint it grey (gray?-I never remember which is correct). I'll keep you guys updated. I need to do it before it gets hot again, that's for sure!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  3. Phoenix Roofing: Where your budget meets quality in every roofing endeavor.
    Visit at:roofing installation service

    ReplyDelete